My DIY costumes inspired by cartoon or movie characters


Halloween costumes inspired by cartoon or movie characters by ana@carpe_diem

Hello, everyone!
 
Is it just me or Halloween
(and all other holidays, to be true)
is comming faster and faster each year? :)
 
I was always a great fan of costumes and costume-making.
I live in Croatia where Halloween is not  a traditional holiday.
We use to dress ourselves in various costumes during Karnival period
that is usually held in February
and ends with great celebrations the day before Ash Wednesday.
In a region where we live it is very important for costumes to be handmade,
otherwise they can not enter competition and win a prize.
 
 
In today's post I would like to summarize
some of my DIY costumes inspired by cartoon or movie characters.
 
 
Let's stat with my our favorite cartoon - NEMO:
 
 


inspiration









                      
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
              I really really enjoyed making this costume!
You can find full tutorial HERE!
Of couse, while you are at it, why wouldn't you make a Marlin? Or Dory? Even Scarface?
Check out my post and you will see many happy fish :)
 
... Just keep swimming ...
 



























inspiration


 
 My second pick are characters that can be considered as classic-
MICKEY AND MINNIE MOUSE!
There was 40 of us dressed like Mickey or Minnie,
the whole kindergarden, mothers, simblings.
 
You can read a story about making these costumes HERE.
 
 
 





THE SNOWHITE!
I looved this animated movie and books,
I looved all about her!
I didn't have Snowhite costume when I was a little,
so I made one for my daughter
just because I believe every girl should feel like a princess.
Tutorial is HERE



inspiration

 
 
 
 Very very simple costume of ALADDIN is next.
This costume is actually made for a school play,
but it can be used as Halloween or Karnival costume.
All you need to know about making one, you can read HERE
inspiration

































inspiration

 
Another great group / family costume is THE WIZARD OF OZ.
This idea is proposed to me by my older daughter
since we were looking for a costumes for 4 people;
my girls, my son and myself.
 
I loved every minute of making it.
 




 My younger daugher was Dorothy, she had a basket with Toto (stuffed toy) and a oiler for Tin Man. And red shoes, of course!




 Older daugher was a Tin Man, She had a funnel on her head and an axe. She was pretty much amused all the time :)




 Dino was a Cowardly Lion. He was sooo cute!
 




I got to be a Scarecrow, who else?
My costume was very simple, some old clothes, a hat and some straw.
 
All of other details about this group costume
you can read HERE
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So, how do you like my selection?
Are you going to make some handmade costumes?
I really hope that I have inspired you to make some of your own.
It is 100% of pure fun, believe me!
 
You can find more of my DIY costumes HERE
 
Have a great day!
 

Comments

  1. Your costume making skill is amazing. I love that Nemo costumes, that is a show stopper and perfect or the parade! And thanks to Finding Dory movie, I can see that costume will be a hit again! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, annie! I even didn't think of this new cartoon! nice to see you here again :)

      Delete
  2. They are all lovely, you really exceeded yourself. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are such beautiful costumes Ana, you are really talented! Love the nemo one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana, these costumes are so amazing!! You're very talented!! The Snow White and Aladdin costumes are so cool, and I really like the Wizard of Oz group costumes! They're all so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Komentari su više nego dobrodošli! Your comments are very very welcome!